This Mental Health Technician course provides a solid background in mental health so you can work comfortably with clients who exhibit both effective and maladaptive behaviors. Nurses, case managers, psychiatric technicians, direct care providers, and other health care professionals will increase their awareness and understanding of a holistic view of mental health care with this comprehensive online training program. A variety of therapies and treatments are explored to assist in dealing with psychological or psychosocial problems, such as substance use conditions, medical illnesses, developmental delays and disabilities, and social stressors such as poverty, domestic violence, and homelessness.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Comprehend the history and current trends of mental healthcare
• Identify the characteristics of common psychiatric disorders
• Comprehend legalities related to the mental health office
• Define human behavior and different elements affecting it
• Identify methods for assisting those suffering from loss of life