You’ve probably heard the horror stories about that grueling first year of law school. That’s likely the main reason you signed up for this course! Rest assured that you’ve done the right thing. The best way to avoid the pitfalls of the first set of courses is to prepare yourself for the unique way you’ll need to study in law school. And this course is designed to give you the tools you need to be ready for the first year of law school and beyond.
After successfully completing the lessons and assignments for this seven-week online course, here’s what you’ll be able to do:
- Prepare for your first year in law school well in advance of your first day of classes
- Take responsibility for your legal education and learn to actively approach each class period and study group
- Create substantive law outlines that you will use for class discussion, exams, and the bar examination
- Excel in studying for and taking law school exams with the “IRAC” briefing method
- Prioritize and organize your life during law school and set yourself up for success